Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bits of my weekend in Singapore

I was determined to go and get some exercise after a sedentary week (and a cold) so headed up to Macritchie Reservoir. It's a great nature reserve, and again it was busy but not as bad as you might have expected in a city of 5 million!



View from the Treetop Walk



The first part of my run was in the muggy jungle and I have never been so sweaty in my life, not even close. Luckily I had brought my camelbak with me but even so I was glad to emerge next to the reservoir where there was a bit of air movement.



The asian guy is not me - I'm still a pakeha.



1.5 m-long monitior lizard hanging out in the reservoir. The reservoir is a major part of the water supply of Singapore and contains 5-10% treated wastewater. Yummy!



Marina Sands Resort Hotel, home of the famous Infinity Pool.



Beach on Sentosa Island where I spent a few hours on Sunday.



Merlion!













No comments: