Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Aonach Eagach

On Saturday, we (Ben Low, Mhairi and I) headed up to Glencoe for a scramble that Mhairi and I have wanted to do for some time. A scramble is a cross between walking and rock climbing but no ropes or hardware are required if you're confident enough. Basically a good day out! The weather forecast was a bit gloomy but the day ended up being pretty good really - the photos speak for themselves.

The Aonach Eagach traverse takes in four peaks, two of which are Munros, so I have added a couple to may tally. It is claimed to be the most exposed ridge traverse in Scotland outside of the Cuillin Ridge of Skye. Certainly there are some airy bits!
Ben and I met Mhairi at Glencoe, where she had already been on some crazy biking/hiking mission. Check our her blog (the link's on the right) to see what adventures she's been up to!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the first few sentences, thinking it was Sylvia writing, and very impressed that she had overcome her fear of heights to such an extent ... however, after a few pictures I didn't need to get to the bottom to know whose experiences these were! Fine if there's no wind!!

Kylie said...

What's the story? I read your Blog for the first time in a few months and Ben is in it. Then half way through the Blog he rings. Honestly, I know the world is small but this is just getting a bit silly.