Friday, September 28, 2007

It was raining heavily. Five hours later, it was still raining heavily, but the scenery had changed - I had finished my bike ride from Glasgow to Edinburgh.
I was doing it with 4 of my workmates for charity, although waiting for the bus to Glasgow at 6am on a Sunday, I was feeling less inclined to be charitable. A huge delay in our bikes arriving into Glasgow also dampened already sodden spirits. However, with over 3000 people participating, it was hard not to be infected by the enthusiam. There were children and not-so-fit types as well as the usual lycronauts, so we didn't feel outclassed. It was an 88 km route, following roads and cycle paths and minimal hills (except for the killer up from Queensferry), with 4 yummy food stops along the way, which I took full advantage of. By the end, I was completely soaked, but thankfully not sore or even particularly tired. I'm even thinking I might do it again sometime (maybe without the ridiculously early start).

No comments: