Thursday, June 28, 2007

Paid to visit Ben Nevis!

Fieldwork has its plusses and minuses, but it's pretty cool getting paid to visit some cool places. This week I've been up to Fort William (at the foot of Ben Nevis) on Tuesday and then to Ballumbie, north of Dundee, on Wednesday for a spot of bush bashing. Apparently the upper slopes of Ben Nevis are shrouded in cloud for four days our of five but, as you can see, it was a nice day there.

And where else would you come upon a crumbling castle in the midst of a housing development?


1 comment:

Veronica said...

Hi Guys,

Looks like you get up to a lot of fun stuff as usual! Congratulations to some good jobs and scoring a company car! I will see if MWH will be that generous when I start working for them in Dunedin in September. I am currently in Sweden and expecting Caspar and Nadine to visit me next week. I will do a quick trip to England in Aug, but I am pretty sure that I won't have time to scoot up to Scotland. Bugger.

Catch you later!

V